Why are you here? You’re here because you are an adventure-seeking individual with kickass ideas, adventures, and opinions. And you’re looking for men with the same personality. You’re tired of running with the sheep. And so you and us all expect there to be some disagreements — just keep it civil or you might get banned for life, sentenced to go back to the pen with the rest of the beaten-down sheep.
Now for the guidelines:
- Respect yourself and don’t lower yourself to indulgent negative comments.
- The decisions of Moderators and Administrators are final.
And for instant bans:
- Don’t be a brat.
- Do not attempt to mess with the site through things like nefarious links, spam, or hacking tools.
- Do not post confidential or menacing comments.
- This is an adventure site for men (and adventurous women who are not easily scared or offended). Deviate from the focus into sales, porn, politics, purses, or quilts, and you’ll not be welcome.* Go away.
- By using this site, you agree to abide by the site rules.
- By using this site, you understand that you are responsible for yourself and others around you when it comes to adventuring or anything vaguely dangerous. Seriously, if you can’t recognize danger or dangerous situations and are not supremely confident that you can be safe, GO AWAY. Find a site that caters to silliness and blamers.
Privacy and Contact Information:
- By registering and joining this site, which allows you to comment on posts, among possible future features, you agree to let Man Makes Fire contact you for administrative purposes, man-to-man notes, thank-yous, heads-up thoughts, and some communications around things you might want, like Man Makes Fire gear. How often? Not that often. We’re all about respect here, and we’ll do our best to a) let you enjoy the site without feeling like you’re being bugged and bombarded, and b) sell enough cool gear and ads so that we can keep delivering a great experience.
- As for your Privacy, we won’t sell or rent your personally identifiable information to any third party.
Advertising and Affiliate Programs:
Man Makes Fire participates in advertising programs that deliver display and text-based ads to this site, in addition to some carefully selected affiliate marketing programs from organizations and merchants that we believe can deliver a great consumer buying experience to our readers.
For example, Man Makes Fire is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
Above all else:
- Enjoy yourself and the adventuring crew you find here.