We strive to use as little personally identifiable data as possible. We simply want to deliver a great reading and browsing experience for our web site readers, social media fans, and email subscribers.
By browsing Man Makes Fire’s website or subscribing to our email newsletter, you consent to the practices described below.
Here is how data about you or your online browsing activities might be utilized by Man Makes Fire and advertising programs used on the site:
- WordPress Comments: We have WordPress comments turned off, so there is no need to register to use this site, so no comment data is collected.
- WordPress Site Logs: WordPress provides some traffic analysis logs and data around which posts receive hits — a.k.a. traffic — as well as some information around where those hits or traffic originated from and when. WordPress does not provide any personally identifiable information to Man Makes Fire.
- Affiliate Network Advertising Programs: Man Makes Fire is part of several industry-standard affiliate network advertising programs, which typically connect readers to online retail stores that we trust. If you click on an affiliate link, for instance, to consider buying a piece of outdoor gear like a tent, that link will often connect your click to an online store to your purchase. If you purchase something from the online store within the affiliate marketing program’s parameters, Man Makes Fire may receive a nominal percentage of the sale price, provided the transaction is eligible to the affiliate marketer’s terms; however, no personally identifiable information from your purchases are shared with Man Makes Fire. Some of these programs utilize cookies to help properly credit referral traffic that leads to sales. Man Makes Fire does not collect, store, or access any personally identifiable information related to affiliate marketing programs. To better understand our participation in these programs, check out our Site Details & Disclosures page.
- Banner-related Advertising Programs: Some banner advertising programs may collect information around your use of Man Makes Fire and how or when you click on advertisements. Man Makes Fire does not collect, store, or access any personally identifiable information related to advertising programs.
Apple Safari in iOS
Microsoft Internet Explorer
In some instances, you may be able to avoid cookies through your browser settings and still use the Man Makes Fire site without personalization features. You may experience possible content errors and reduce our ability to offer great content. If you are completely set against enabling cookies, we recommended that you do not use ManMakesFire.com at all.
- What rights you have over your data: You can request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes. So what personal data do we hold? Your Name and Email Address if and only if you specifically subscribed to our Man Makes Fire email newsletter mailing list. To keep this data secure, our email list is stored through MailChimp.