To learn more about the Man Makes Fire mission, check out our About page.
Site Privacy and Contact Information:
- By signing up for a Man Makes Fire email newsletter, you agree to let Man Makes Fire contact you for administrative purposes, thank-yous, heads-up thoughts, and some communications around things you might want, like Man Makes Fire gear. How often? Not that often. We’re all about respect here, and we’ll do our best to a) let you enjoy the site without feeling like you’re being bugged and bombarded, and b) sell enough cool gear and ads so that we can keep delivering a great experience.
- As for your Privacy, we won’t sell or rent your personally identifiable information to any third party.
Site Advertising and Affiliate Programs:
Man Makes Fire participates in advertising programs that deliver display and text-based ads to this site, in addition to some carefully selected affiliate marketing programs from organizations and merchants that we believe can deliver a great consumer buying experience to our readers.
Required Man Makes Fire Affiliate Disclosures:
- Man Makes Fire is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
- Man Makes Fire is a participant in the L.L.Bean affiliate program.
- In affiliation with The Orvis Company, Inc.: “The Orvis Company, Inc. is pleased to have Man Makes Fire as a member of the Orvis Affiliate Network. We have agreed to ship products and provide customer service for orders we receive through special links on Man Makes Fire. We hope you enjoy our broad assortment of products.”
- Man Makes Fire is often a participant in other industry-standard affiliate advertising programs.
Reviews and Gear References Disclosure:
In addition to Man Makes Fire buying gear for reviews and guides, gear manufacturers occasionally ship review units to Man Makes Fire. If we like it, we spend some quality time with the gear and review it — noting if we received a review unit of the gear. After the review, we return it, give it away, or work on longer-term review follow-ups when applicable to reader interest.
We do not accept any gear in exchange for coverage. If we do not truly appreciate the gear, we don’t write about it at all — bad gear will fade into obscurity on its own if everyone ignores it. In addition, we focus on gear from reputable companies, reputable brands, and reputable retailers that we trust.
The gear links on Man Makes Fire are focused on what we are willing to recommend to our own family and friends. Many of our specific gear links connect to industry-standard affiliate advertising programs.
Basically, we deliver the advice and insight you need, you get the gear you want, and then everyone wins. Pretty straightforward.
Wicked Cool Words LLC:
Man Makes Fire is published by Wicked Cool Words LLC.
- The phrase “Man Makes Fire” is a trademark of Man Makes Fire and Wicked Cool Words LLC.
- The Man Makes Fire graphical logo depicting two Ms with stylized fire is a trademark of Man Makes Fire and Wicked Cool Words LLC.
- The Man Makes Fire graphical logo, on its own as well as when modified with additional art, is protected by copyright law.
- Hike With Fire is a trademark of Man Makes Fire and Wicked Cools Words LLC.
- Fish With Fire is a trademark of Man Makes Fire and Wicked Cools Words LLC.
- Ride With Fire is a trademark of Man Makes Fire and Wicked Cools Words LLC.
- Hunt With Fire is a trademark of Man Makes Fire and Wicked Cools Words LLC.
All trademarks and copyright-protected art of Wicked Cool Words LLC and Man Makes Fire may NOT be reproduced by any means for any reason. All rights are reserved.